self-reflection julie ji

             To complete our research, we went to the Asaichi morning market and Nakajima renbai. Thursday, May 17th, we went to the Asaichi morning market. There was a catching squid game that I mentioned before in the last blog article. One of my group members Krista tried that game, it was funny, not only the foreign tourists played, but also many students like working the game. I think it is a good idea and advertisement to attract more tourists. And the chef made the squid sashimi directly which was so fresh. We also tried uni, seafood rice bowl, baked scallops and squid ink ice cream. All the seafood that we ate were fresh and delicious. During the visit in morning market. I find that Asaichi morning market is suitable for the tourists not the local. Tourists prefer the clean and organized environment. Then Kodama sensei suggested us to another fish market Nakajima Renbai. It is not a real fish market; it seems like a market, the old sell vegetables, fruits and rare seafood. This fish market is more suitable for the elderly. We did a lot of the research about our project, through the researching process, I learned more about Hakodate.                                        
  uni  lunch in asaichi

            Now, the program has almost done. During this trip, I did a lot of things that I never tried before. Such as kimono, tea ceremony, and zazen. They were all the meaning and exciting experiences. I made three new Japanese friends: Yuna, Yuka, and Misato. The most impressive experience during this program was the visit in the koryuji temple. Through the talking with the master of the temple, I learned a lot. I found an important word that will affect my last life-- kong kai. This word touched me when I saw that. This word covers essential information about a person's life. I am so glad and fortunate that I took part in this program. At the first day that I went to the pre-session, I felt stressful and scared, I was worried that I could not make friends with other students. But now, I am so happy that I get these lovely friends. This program has a different meaning in my life. I will miss Hakodate, I will miss these friends.


                                                                                                                            --JJ

Comments

Popular Posts